A unique 90 day PD experience to help you uncover your strengths and challenges, so you can transform your teaching.
- 3 Credits ($745)
- Non-Credit PD ($495)
Desktop + Mobile
AT YOUR PACE
45 hours (self-paced) – 3 months to complete
Winter 2019 (By Admission Only)
Join Our Email List
WE’LL SEND YOU MORE INFO ON THIS WORKSHOP
About The WorkshopBreakthrough to Your Best Teaching
Why do you teach? What’s working? What’s not? How can you improve?
This workshop is not a place to consume all of the answers, but it will guide you through a supportive experience where you will learn research-proven techniques to improve your approach to thinking, planning, aligning, and implementing instruction in the classroom and to empower you to create an environment of professionalism and shared efficacy around you so that others may do the same. You will reflect, discuss, and debate these questions, refine your answers, and use what you learn to build on your unique strengths and experiences.
During this 90 days self-paced online learning program you will be paired with a dedicated coach with classroom teaching experience to guide, challenge, and help you grow (20:1 Student to Teacher Ratio). You will connect with other K-12 big-hearted, superhero teachers that are seeking to enhance their subject-matter knowledge and be their best in their classrooms.
The 8 part course includes over 50 video and reading assignments, 20+ reflective journaling questions, group discussions, personalized feedback, 8 learning projects, and a final portfolio of work that you can use in your classrooms immediately. Each week you’ll have the opportunity to gather in intimate learning groups online for collaboration. For each project, you’ll provide and receive feedback from peers and experts. You can share responses and questions with peers and coaches 24/7 through the course discussion board. Coaches hold weekly moderated office hours and are available daily for support.
After completing the course, students have access to the course for months and are invited to join an exclusive learning community of workshop participants where they can continue to collaborate, learn from, and engage with all workshop alumni.
Videos + Readings
learning projects you can use immediately
feedback and learning experience
on mobile, table and desktop
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
w/classroom experience to guide you
collaboration and feedback
access to materials
Why Take This Workshop?
This workshop is designed to give you strategies and techniques to reach, understand, and help all of their students become better learners, and do teaching you’re proud of. The goals of this workshop are for you to:
- Have a clear understanding of your personal mission for teaching.
- Be better aligned with your school, district and discipline.
- Have effective strategies to set and achieve goals.
- Be able to use effective research-proven strategies to develop more engaging and effective curriculum.
- Be able to utilize research-proven techniques to improve your instruction.
- Be able to use research-backed techniques to assess your students’ progress and help them become better learners.
- Be able to build positive classroom environments.
- Understand how to utilize what you have learned to transform your practice.
- Have a plan on how to share what you have learned with your school, colleagues, and community.
- Have an actionable portfolio of work you can use in your classrooms immediately.
- *After successfully completing the workshop you will be invited to join a community of workshop alumni where you can continue to collaborate and share with teachers from around the US.
- John Hattie’s Visible Learning
- Grant Wiggins’ Big Ideas and Transfer
- Roger Kaufman’s Mega/Macro/Micro Level Planning
- Edward Deci’s Self-Determination Theory and Motivation
- McTighe and Wiggins Understanding by Design Framework
- McTighe and Wiggins Essential Questioning
- Erik Francis’ Questioning for Cognitive Rigor
- Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Charlotte Danielson Framework
- Uncommon Impact/Schools Instructional Techniques (i.e. – wait time, right is right, cold calling, engaged cerebral classroom, etc.)
- CHAMPS Classroom Management
- Ginsberg and Wlodkowski’s Framework for Culturally Responsive Teaching
- NSRF Protocols and Activities
- San Francisco Public School’s Restorative Practices
- Stanford D-School Design
- Carol Dweck’s Mindset
- Angela Lee Duckworth’s Grit
- Daniel Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence
- Charles Duhigg’s Habits
Is This Workshop Right For You?
EDPOWER Workshops are designed for highly-motivated teachers who want to level up and lead. This Workshop isn’t your typical online PD/CE course. This Workshop is a place for teachers seeking change. It’s an experience for teachers who want to make meaningful impacts on their students, their school, and their community. Each semester a select group of teachers from around the U.S. participate in a condensed personalized learning experience to learn a host of curated research-proven classroom strategies, collaborate with other educators, develop 8 actionable learning projects, and receive personalized feedback and coaching, so that they can fast-track their teaching to the next level.
This Workshop is for doers. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply.
Unlike traditional online PD/CE courses, this Workshop is personalized and collaborative. You’ll complete 8 learning projects, collaborate with supportive Workshop peers, and have a dedicated coach with classroom experience to guide you.
After completing this Workshop, you’ll be invited to join a learning community of Workshop Alumni, where you can continue to collaborate, share and learn from our generous and supportive community.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Workshop curriculum is hands-on. More than 2/3rds of your time will be evaluating what’s working and what’s not with your current practice, collaborating with your workshop peers, and working on practical learning projects that allow you apply what you learn.
You’ll evaluate how your curriculum affects the changes you seek to make. We’ll explore strategies and techniques to develop engaging and effective curriculum, and we’ll examine the actions that powerful, passionate, accomplished teachers take to initiate change.
We’ll dive deep into instruction and the classroom. We’ll investigate the brain and brain-based learning, uncover how we help our students reach a higher-level of conceptual understanding, and learn a host of effective techniques that lead to better classroom instruction.
There are many different ways to envision the future of education. We will explore a variety of innovative visions that leaders in education have put forth to challenge the discipline moving forward. Uncover how you can utilize what we’ve learned in this program to transform your practice.
The purpose of this program is help you accelerate your path to becoming the best teacher you can be while amplifying your voice and impact in your school community. We’ll help you apply what you have learned in this experience so that you can be a more effective leader in your classroom and school.
HOW THE WORKSHOP WORKS
This Workshop is semester long unique personalized online learning experience designed to help teachers level up. It challenges them to see their teaching differently, to make better decision, and connects them with other educators going in the same direction.
Earn grad-level credits or non-credit PD hours to meet your salary advancement and recertification requirements.
Videos + Readings
Learning projects you can use immediately
Reflective journaling questions
hours 7 days/week discussion board access
Group DiscountsInterest in learning with your colleagues or friends?
We offer discounts to groups of 2 or more.