- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- And, how you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our online registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, address, specialty areas, and similar information. We do not store credit card numbers from our visitors on our web site.
Disclosure and Visitor Choice:
We do not share your name and address information or email addresses with other organizations, unless necessary, for academic reasons, with your selected academic partner.
Access To The Personal Data We May Hold About You:
You can ask us for the specific data that we hold, by:
- Sending an email to: email@example.com
- Sending a letter to:
EDPOWER Compliance Office
P.O. Box 471504
San Francisco, CA 94147
Upon request (per the noted methods above), we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we keep about you, within a month (proof of your identity may be required). We will provide the information without any charge.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data:
- Rectified or amended
We reserve the right to refuse to provide a copy of your personal data, but will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data. Upon your request and to the extent your request does not compromise our privacy or security policies; we will update and correct personal information you have provided to us. In addition, we will honor all requests to remove your name from our solicitation efforts by modifying our database to ensure that no further contact is made with you. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the changes to take effect due to the lead times required for mailing preparation. If you wish to update your information, you may do so by sending us an e-mail that identifies the information you with to have updated. If you wish to remove your name from our solicitation efforts, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administrator our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”:
All information provided to EDPOWER is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of EDPOWER. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites:
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which EDPOWER has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
P.O. Box 471504
San Francisco, CA 94147
You can also send an email to: email@example.com
Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
The collection, arrangement, assembly of all content including text, articles, photographs, illustrations, graphics, product names, designs, logos, video material, and audio on the Site is the exclusive property of EDPOWER or the party credited as the provider or owner and protected by U.S. copyright laws. The technology provided on the Site is owned by or licensed to us and protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. We and our licensors retain all proprietary rights to that content and technology. Please see notices on individual referenced sites, products and services for additional notices and information. The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos appearing on this Site are trademarks of EDPOWER and/or its affiliates or licensors.
If you believe your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to the Site in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please notify our designated agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org; P.O. Box 471504 San Francisco, CA 94147.
We provide you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the information and services on the Site, subject to and in accordance with these Terms. You may view, copy, download, or print material appearing on the Site (“Site Materials”) provided Site Materials (i) are used for your personal, non-commercial use, (ii) are not modified, or copied and posted on any other web site, and (iii) you do not alter or delete any copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices therein contained. We can terminate this license at any time and for any reason with or without notice. If you are notified of termination, you must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in your possession or control. Except for the limited license set forth in these Terms, we do not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
Code of Conduct
By accessing, browsing, or using the Site, you agree to the following restrictions:
- you will not use, intentionally or unintentionally any of the content, information, or services on the Site in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national, federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation having the force of law;
- you will not use the Site in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of our computer systems nor will upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to the extent that you are able to upload, post or otherwise transmit content using the Site you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- you will not attempt to gain, or assist anyone else in gaining, unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server used for this Site, through password mining, hacking, or any other means;
- you will not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by us;
- you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, store, further transmit, disseminate, transfer, or otherwise exploit the Site, or any portion hereof without our prior written consent except as noted above;
- you will not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of the Site (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and form) without our prior written consent;
- you will not make any use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and graphics on this Site without our prior written consent;
- you will not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users of the Site;
- you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Site or the content, information, or services on the Site;
- you will not collect any email addresses made available on Site for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns;
- you will not distribute, on or through the Site, any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services, or funds, or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without our prior written permission;
- you will not use or otherwise export or re-export the Site, or any portion thereof, in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America or any other country;
- you will not post any material to the Site that we, in our sole discretion, deem unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity or contrary to our business reputation and standards;
- you will not express or imply that any of your content is endorsed by us; and
- you will not modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract or otherwise reverse engineer any of our content, or create derivative works based upon all or part of our content.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WE PROVIDE THE SITE “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, AND DELAYS;
- WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS TO ANY PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR FREE;
- WARRANTIES AS TO THE LIFE OF ANY URL OR THIRD-PARTY WEB SERVICE; AND
- WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE THAT HAS BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY BY ANYONE OTHER THAN US, AND WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS APPROVAL.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PROVISION OF CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ENTAILS THE LIKELIHOOD OF SOME HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, AND LOSSES, INCLUDING THE INADVERTENT LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO MEDIA.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR:
- INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE;
- ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY CUSTOMER IN RELIANCE UPON THE AVAILABILITY OF OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
The Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality of, or any error or inaccuracy in, advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials, or for the acts or omissions of such advertisers or sponsors.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site may provide links to third-party web sites or resources. We make no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this Site. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. References on the Site to any names, marks, products or services of any third parties or hypertext links to third party sites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you, and do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of, or affiliation with the third party or its products and services. We make no representation or warranty as to any third party content, products or services, and you agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third-party content, products or services available on or through any such site or resource.
We do not assume any responsibility for your content or any other content not produced by us on the Site. We may at any time and in our sole discretion screen, monitor, block, remove or otherwise exercise control over any of your content or anyone else’s content that we determine violates these Terms, including the Code of Conduct (above), any applicable law, or otherwise may expose us to civil or criminal liability or reflect poorly on us. In addition, we may permanently terminate your access to the Site in the event we determine that you caused any such violation. In no event shall such rights obligate us to exercise control over your content or anyone else’s content.
Opinions expressed on our web forums an in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original author and do not necessarily reflect our opinion.
Registration and Account Information
Certain sections of the Site may require you to register as a user or create an account. By registering or creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and to inform us of any changes to that information. You will only use your own account information to access the Site and will not impersonate another person in your use of the Site. Each registration is for a single user only, unless otherwise expressly provided on the registration page. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify us immediately.
You acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate your access to the Site if your conduct is found to be unlawful, inconsistent with, or in violation of, the letter or spirit of these Terms, or for any other reason. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of your access to the Site. Should you object to any terms and conditions of the Terms or to any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold EDPOWER and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your use of the Site or use of any products sold on the Site.
International Use – Consent to Processing
We control and operate the Site from our offices in the United States of America, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from locations outside of the United States do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
If you access the Site from locations outside the United States you agree that any information you provide to or though the Site may be processed in the United States.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and any action arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in state or federal courts located in California, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action.
Severability of Provisions
If any provision of the Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
We may assign our rights and delegate our duties under these Terms to any party at any time without notice to you or any third party.
No Implied Waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
If you have any questions about the Terms or about the content, information, or services on the Site you may contact us at email@example.com.