NEW TEACHER FUNDAMENTALS
Don’t just survive as a new teacher, but thrive. Learn strategies and techniques to become a more impactful educator.
- 3 Credits ($445)
- Non-Credit PD ($345)
Desktop + Mobile
AT YOUR PACE
45 hours (self-paced) – 6 months to complete
Join Our Email List
WE’LL SEND YOU MORE INFO ON THIS COURSE
About this course
Learn Strategies To Help Your Thrive As A New Teacher
Are you a new(ish) teacher? Is teaching more challenging than you anticipated? Do you feel like you should know what to do but sometimes aren’t sure what to do? Are you anxious about the future?
Teaching is hard, but it doesn’t need to feel impossible. Regardless of where you teach, or what you teach, or if you have a lot of support at your school, or a little, by learning research-proven techniques you can supercharge your teacher skill set. In this course, you’ll:
- Define your personal mission for teaching.
- Investigate how to better align with your school, district and discipline.
- Develop effective strategies to set and achieve your goals.
- Be able to use effective research-proven strategies to develop more engaging and effective curriculum.
- Learn how to utilize research-proven techniques to improve your instruction.
- Evaluate research-backed techniques to assess your students’ progress and help them become better learners.
- Investigate how you can build positive classroom environments.
- Understand how to utilize what you have learned to transform your practice.
- Develop a plan on how to share what you have learned with your school, colleagues, and community.
- Have an actionable portfolio of work you can use in their classrooms immediately.
videos + readings
learning projects you can use immediately
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
Self-Paced | Online | 6 Months To Complete
Explore impactful research-proven classroom strategies, and uncover which ones work best for you.
Safer than real-world testing. Reflective journaling and 4 learning projects guide you to apply what you learn.
24/7 available Professional Learning Community (PLC) where you can interact with course peers and instructors.
Earn grad-level credits or non-credit PD hours to meet your salary advancement and recertification requirements.
MORE COURSES YOU MIGHT LIKE