Be more focused, present, and emotionally available for your students. Learn cutting-edge strategies to be more mindful.
- 3 Credits ($445)
- Non-Credit PD ($345)
Desktop + Mobile
AT YOUR PACE
45 hours (self-paced) – 6 months to complete
Join Our Email List
WE’LL SEND YOU MORE INFO ON THIS COURSE
About this course
The Classroom Presence Present
Do you lose focus while teaching? Feel angry or frustrated because your students aren’t paying attention or responding to directions, or behaving appropriately?
We live in a time of short attention spans; Facebook, Twitter, smart phones and 24-hour news cycles. In and out of the classroom, you and your students have a lot of distractions vying for your thoughts. But mindfulness can help. An ancient practice, research shows it can help you be more focused, present, and emotionally available for your students. In this course, you will:
- Cutting-edge strategies and techniques to implement mindfulness in your life and classroom.
- Learn how to apply mindfulness techniques to create a mindful approach in your life.
- Develop strategies to become a more mindful teacher.
- Investigate how you can teach with emotional intelligence.
- Examine how you can cultivate student mindfulness.
- Learn how to use mindfulness to improve student focus, motivation and performance.
- Develop techniques for incorporating mindfulness in student work.
- Understand your own emotions better.
- Communicate with your students more effectively.
- Understand how to better navigate difficult situations and students.
- Explore how to create positive learning environments and community.
- Learn how to strengthen your relationships with students.
- Understand how to utilize mindfulness to transform your practice.
- Develop a plan on how to share what you have learned with your school, colleagues, and community.
- Create an actionable portfolio of work you can use in your classrooms immediately.
videos + readings
learning projects you can use immediately
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
Self-Paced | Online | 6 Months To Complete
Explore impactful research-proven classroom strategies, and uncover which ones work best for you.
Safer than real-world testing. Reflective journaling and 4 learning projects guide you to apply what you learn.
24/7 available Professional Learning Community (PLC) where you can interact with course peers and instructors.
Earn grad-level credits or non-credit PD hours to meet your salary advancement and recertification requirements.
MORE COURSES YOU MIGHT LIKE