K-12, CURRICULUM, PLANNING, INSTRUCTION, ASSESSMENT, BRAIN-BASED LEARNING
SIGN UP TO LEARN MORE
- 3 Grad-Level Credits ($445)
- 45 Hours of Non-Credit PD ($345)
- 45 Texas CPE Hours ($345)
- 1 LAUSD Salary Point ($295)
About The Course
Develop More Engaging and Effective Curriculum
Whether you’re creating your own curriculum or adding your own special sauce to someone else’s materials, developing engaging and effective curriculum is hard. There are so many factors to consider: does it align with your school’s mission, your subject standards, it is student-centered, designed for optimal transfer, etc, etc? This course is designed to teach you about curriculum development and delivery. You’ll explore many research-based curriculum strategies and techniques, and evaluate your current approaches, so that you can figure out what works best for you so that you can confidently build and self-assess you curriculum to meet your and your students’ unique needs.
Videos + Readings
learning projects you can use immediately
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
Why Take This Course?
This course is designed to help you develop more engaging and effective curriculum. The goals of this course are for you to:
- Understand the importance of strategic planning.
- Learn strategies to develop more engaging and effective curriculum.
- Assess the effectiveness of you curriculum.
- Establish learning intentions and success criteria for your students.
- Learn how to utilize the Understanding by Design (UbD) framework.
- Develop curriculum to help your students cultivate knowledge transfer and deeper understanding.
- Strategic Planning (Mega, Maco and Micro),
- Unit Planning
- Designing and Aligning Curriculum for Optimal Transfer
- Understanding by Design (UbD)
- Developing Engaging and Effective Curriculum
- Goal of Instruction: Hattie’s Visible Learning
- Targeted Learning Strategies
- Learning Intentions and Success Criteria for Your Students
- Understanding Understanding
- Designing Lesson Plans