K-12, COMMUNITY, ALIGNMENT, EFFICACY, PARETNS, LEADERSHIP
SIGN UP TO LEARN MORE
- 3 Grad-Level Credits ($445)
- 45 Hours of Non-Credit PD ($345)
- 45 Texas CPE Hours ($345)
- 1 LAUSD Salary Point ($295)
About The Course
Become a More Confident Leader in Your School
The unspoken expectation of a teacher lies beyond the classroom. It requires excellent communication, efficacy, connectedness, alignment, and leadership. In this course, you’ll learn the skills and strategies to help you navigate the expectations and responsibilities you face outside of teaching. You’ll explore a host of proven approaches to more effectively communicate with parent, be a better colleague, a more productive employee, and stronger leader so that you can help to transform your school and community.
Videos + Readings
learning projects you can use immediately
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
Why Take This Course?
This course is designed to help you cultivate your leadership. The goals of this course are for you to:
- Understand how to better align your teaching with your community (school, district, and discipline).
- Have the strategies and tools to be a more effective leader in your community.
- Learn how to share what you learn with your colleagues.
- Understand how to better communicate with parents and engage parents for student success
- Achieve success with difficult parents.
- Have the tools and strategies to navigate difficult situations.
- Be better equipped to help transform your school.
- School and Community Transformation
- Self-Efficacy and Collective Teacher Efficacy
- Communicating Parents