GROWTH MINDSETS FOR TEACHERS
K-12, GROWTH MINDSET, TEACHER WELLNESS
SIGN UP TO LEARN MORE
- 3 Grad-Level Credits ($445)
- 45 Hours of Non-Credit PD ($345)
- 45 Texas CPE Hours ($345)
- 1 LAUSD Salary Point ($295)
About The Course
A Simple Change, That Can Result in Big Changes: The Power of a Growth Mindset
Do you ever feel like you’ve tapped out on your potential? That you can’t seem to help a student “get it”, no matter what you do? It’s too hard, there’s too much out of your control. Are you burnt out and feel there’s no way to get back the passion?
“For twenty years, my research has shown that the view you adopt of yourself profoundly affects the way you lead your life.” – Carol Dweck
Teaching is really hard, and is full of new obstacles and challenges. But it turns out that small beliefs, can have a big influence on our shortcomings and our successes. In this course, you’ll learn how beliefs can limit our potential or enable our success. You’ll explore how your mindset not only affects you but your students as well. Learn how to reframe your struggles and empower your students to do the same. This course will help you develop a growth mindset that will help you live your passion to make an impact on your students’ lives.
Videos + Readings
learning projects you can use immediately
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
Why Take This Course?
This course is designed to help you cultivate a growth mindset. You will learn:
- The key characteristics of fixed and growth mindsets.
- How to identify the mindset of you, your students and your school.
- How labels such as “gifted and talented” can create fixed mindsets and limit potential.
- Tools to reframe challenges, obstacles, effort and criticism.
- Techniques to develop and strengthen your growth mindset, and how to help your students do the same.
- Differentiated learning strategies to challenge all your students.
- How to develop a more holistic approach to your teaching.
- Characteristics of Growth and Fixed Mindsets
- Differentiated Learning
- Teacher Wellness
- Self-efficacy and collective efficacy