Explore the latest brain research so you can do more effective teaching with your students’ brains in mind.
- 3 Credits ($445)
- Non-Credit PD ($345)
Desktop + Mobile
AT YOUR PACE
45 hours (self-paced) – 6 months to complete
Join Our Email List
WE’LL SEND YOU MORE INFO ON THIS COURSE
About this course
Do More Effective Teaching With Your Students’ Brains in Mind
Do you ever wonder how your students’ brains work? How you can better reach your students with your teaching? How emotions affect your success and theirs? Or you have you asked yourself, what is brain-based teaching really?
The human brain is highly complex. It’s the source of emotion, thinking and behavior. However, recent brain research is unlocking the mysteries of our brains. In this course, you’ll:
- Explore the latest brain research, cognitive development, multiple intelligences, and neuroplasticity.
- Learn how to positively impact your students’ success.
- Learn how to enhance your students’ memory and retention
- Help cultivate your students’ emotional intelligence
- Learn brain-based instructional strategies that work.
- Understand how to utilize questioning to facilitate classroom discussion, and elevate cognitive rigor through questioning in the classroom
- Understand surface vs. deep vs. transfer learning.
- Be able to utilize Hattie’s Visible Learning techniques.
- Use differentiated learning strategies to reach all your students.
- Explore how your students’ brains work and learn strategies that you can use to help them be more successful in your class and beyond.
- Be a more engaging and effective classroom instructor.
- Become a more effective teacher by creating a brain-friendly classroom for all learners.
videos + readings
learning projects you can use immediately
reflective journaling questions
Discussion board access
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
Self-Paced | Online | 6 Months To Complete
Explore impactful research-proven classroom strategies, and uncover which ones work best for you.
Safer than real-world testing. Reflective journaling and 4 learning projects guide you to apply what you learn.
24/7 available Professional Learning Community (PLC) where you can interact with course peers and instructors.
Earn grad-level credits or non-credit PD hours to meet your salary advancement and recertification requirements.
MORE COURSES YOU MIGHT LIKE